Eehh…I’ve been tagged by Irena, so here ya’ go:
1. Favourite Kenyan Food
– Mandaazi with Cardamon
2. Favourite Kenyan Drink
– Stoney / Tangawizi (Kenyan?)
– Tusker (of course)
3. Favourite Kenyan TV Programme
Those charming ladies over at KBC are just perfect :-)
4. Top 3 Kenyan Hangouts
Any kantini with reasonable prices, nyama choma, cold beer and good music. Think global, drink local. And when I say ANY, i mean ANY! The whole range…though….I think I feel more comfortable with those joints that are somewhere deep down in a kijiji. I hate those spoiled places in Westlands & downtown where you only find Children of the BlueBandGeneration showing off…
5. Top Holiday Kenyan Destination
– Takawiri Island
– alone/with friends on Safari somewhere
– Coast: Tiwi Beach
6. 3 Kenyan phrases you use a lot (ati, nini, nani and bilaz DO NOT count)!
7. Three things about Kenya/Kenyans that make you go ‘hmmm’
– many ppl are waiting for something to happen, ignoring the fact that they themselves have to start first.
– the "learn & repeat" educational system that offers no chances for creative students (remember this guy from Western Kenya who wanted to build his own "aeroplani"? Crazy dude, but brilliant thinking. I like that).
– class thinking: "I am a driver, I do not work in the kitchen or the garden." Irene says that’s the Colonial heritage….
8. Three things non-Kenyans say about Kenya/Kenyans that make you go ‘hmmm’
– why are there so many ppl on the streets?
– why do Kenyan men hold hands when they like each other? are they gay or somethin’?
– what’s that small footpath next to any street? don’t they have sidewalks?
9. Three things about Kenya/Kenyans which non-Kenyans ought to know
– Kenya is a beautiful country with very intelligent, capable, interested and friendly people.
– Kenya is more than what tourists get to see like the National Parks, the Coast, etc. It’s the whole picture with all those happy people that might suffer from something but still have the inner happiness to enjoy life the way it comes.
– the history of the country / area did not start with colonial rule…
10. Complete this sentence: I am Kenyan because……
…because it is part of my world – Kiku’s realm. :-)
And finally – list 3 members (
of the Kenyan Blog Ring) you would like to see complete this quiz
(since Lady Mbuzimoja doesn’t have her own blog as of yet, I am expecting her answer in the comments section OR alternatively as a private email….honey, now you’re in for it :-)