About “Free Burma!”
International bloggers are preparing an action to support the peaceful revolution in Burma. We want to set a sign for freedom and show our sympathy for these people who are fighting their cruel regime without weapons. These Bloggers are planning to refrain from posting to their blogs on October 4 and just put up one Banner then, underlined with the words „Free Burma!“.
PLEASE…how pathetic is that?
- Burma hasn’t only been under siege by a military regime since last week
- Blog activism is a good practice
- Nothing will change for the better except maybe that a few uninformed blog readers will become aware that there’s a state called Burma (Myanma Naingngan)
- I am generally having a problem with this….ah…“Live8-approach”
- Dear Burmese, you’re having my sympathy…oh wait, Internet access has been cut of, so you won’t be able to read this. Sorry. Again, my sympathy for these circumstances.
- It takes such a situation to come up with some political activism within the otherwise so often unpolitical (German!) blogosphere? oh c’mon..
- It is easy to criticize and while I won’t take part in this activism (well not on Oct 4th), I also admire how some other bloggers around the world took some of their time to prepare an online action plan for October 4th. I wish we could also use this kind of activism for some other, sometimes also urgently needed, actions that require some community feedback.